uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Banger Racing and the Lack of Planning Control
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ALEXFIDO

PostPosted: 09/04/06, 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

TO ROGER ,WHAT IS THE POINT YOU ARE TRYING TO MAKE?I DON,T LIVE IN UPLYME BUT PLAY FOR THE CRICKET CLUB,EVERY SINGLE PERSON I HAVE MET FROM UPLYME HAVE BEEN GOOD PEOPLE AND HAVE A REAL PASSION ABOUT THEIR VILLAGE AND I AM SURE SOME OF THEM WERE NOT BORN IN UPLYME.
I WOULD NOT PRESUME TO ASK.HAPPY DAYS(sorry for shouting)
Roger Lillington

PostPosted: 09/04/06, 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, why I asked all of you on the forum in your area is because people come down here from away to retire or to have a second home and put the prices of property up so alot of the locals cannot affrord to live here anymore, and then try to put a stop to local events that have been happening for years, can I please ask are you anti-hunting aswell? My family and I have lived in the same place all of our lives and we also enjoy being in the country, we try not to interfere with anyone intentionaly in whatever they want to do unless they upset us.
Why do most of you use silly names on this forum? I have used my full name. When using a public footpath in a farmers field it does not give anyone the right to roam the whole field ruining the farmers crops as was seen on the race day. Very Happy Very Happy Smile Smile Cool Laughing
ALEXFIDO

PostPosted: 09/04/06, 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Roger,some of us were not as fortunate as you to have to have been born and bred in a rural location,when i moved to devon 20+ years ago imade a point not to change anything about my location.If i had moved next to a church i would expect the bells to wake me up at 7.00 on a sunday morning.
I also do all my shopping locally,which is more than can be said for some of the local people i know,i wont even go to a major supermarket express which has just opened.
Just a small point ref. house prices,you used to be able to get up to a 65% discount on buying your council house,but your friend and mine soon put paid to that and put a maximum of £30000 which i s fine if you happen to live in a welsh mining village(no disrespect). so i suggest you vote BOP bliar out project.
how long has the church been there and how long has the racing been there,yes i probably am a nimby and i choose to use a stupid name because i can.happy days
Rhodie

PostPosted: 10/04/06, 09:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday the club removed all their racing props from the field, which has now been repossessed by the sheep.

I hope some lessons have been learnt by both sides on this issue. That objectors to unsuitable activities don’t in future grasp at straws especially when they have such a genuine case against one aspect, in this case noise. And that when the club again find a “suitable” location for what many see as an anti-social activity they approach the community beforehand with information of what their intentions are and what the locals can expect.

I think that Uplyme was very lucky that on race day there was a north east wind blowing taking the noise directly into Uplyme, but for that wind I think that they may still be there.

Having said that I think that the club, apart from not approaching the locals beforehand as we would have liked, went about their activity in a orderly and considerate manner. I sincerely hope that they soon find a more appropriate venue for their exciting sport. My only regret is that I will not now get a go in one of their cars.
Wink
geoff

PostPosted: 10/04/06, 21:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger Lillington wrote:
Hi, why I asked all of you on the forum in your area is because people come down here from away to retire or to have a second home and put the prices of property up...

I have lived here for almost 20 years. Three of my children have been born locally - one actually here in the village. I also work in the village and cannot afford a holiday home.

As you ask - yes, I AM anti-hunting actually because I do not believe that we can condone turning pest control into a rather pompous spectator event.

As far as car racing is concerned, go for it if you really must - but as you make a lot of noise, please do it somewhere remote so people who don't want to be involved don't have to be.

GB.
ALEXFIDO

PostPosted: 11/04/06, 20:54    Post subject: RACERS Reply with quote

I may be stating the obvious but would it not make sense to as geoff said to not only find a field in a remote spot but as a racing club/association to buy a field outright and get the appropriate permisions.
And for the record i dont agree with foxhunting as is,because of the reasons stated in a previous post and i dont agree with the right to roam,if i caught some one wondering through my backgarden they would chased out on the wrong end of a size 11.happy days
Rhodie

PostPosted: 13/04/06, 08:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the pictures revealed the reason given for abandoning last Sunday’s meeting ‘extremely wet conditions underfoot’ no longer holds water Wink

We are now told, as was PC Andy Turner on visiting the field on Sunday, that the reason was that stones in the soil had caused damage to tyres. Reading between the lines the club apparently requires a well-drained site without stones, which in this area is mutually exclusive. Unfortunately due to the geology the once over layer of chalk, now eroded away in most places, has left its associated flints – the local traditional building stone – in abundance.

Perhaps the Somerset club should seek a different geological area and Somerset could be their answer, somewhere where these particular ‘local events that have been happening for years’ Rolling Eyes

Which brings up the question why has the club not got a permanent site somewhere?

Roger Lillington wrote:
When using a public footpath in a farmers field it does not give anyone the right to roam the whole field ruining the farmers crops as was seen on the race day. Very Happy Very Happy Smile Smile Cool Laughing

Nothing compared with the damage caused by auto grass racing. See the pictures.
What are the crops in these fields?
Grass, and shortly we shall see the farmers inflicting damage to the growing grass by applying a heavy roller to it, to encourage better growth. This does not justify roaming over private property, but damage come on Rolling Eyes
P.T.B

PostPosted: 16/04/06, 08:46    Post subject: BANGOR RACING Reply with quote

NOT IN MY BACK YARD
Rhodie

PostPosted: 19/04/06, 08:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we are to believe what we read in the papers and hear at parish council meetings the South Somerset Auto Grass Club intend setting up racing in another field in the area of Raymond’s Hill. With the continued secrecy of the club regarding the site are we to see a repeat of the previous mistake of the club in failing to do a little public relations beforehand. Have they learnt nothing Question Surprised
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Planning All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: