uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Uplyme Parish Plan

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhodie

PostPosted: 11/05/06, 06:25    Post subject: Uplyme Parish Plan Reply with quote

I knew that attending parish council meetings month in month out was not in vain. Laughing

Yesterday the long awaited “Uplyme Parish Plan” came from the printers. It was unveiled at the parish council meeting and as a gesture of appreciation the six parishioners in the “public gallery” were given a free copy. You can get your copy at the village shop for £1 unless you are a builder (undefined) for they will have to pay a little more.

I have only read a small section on the “new village school”, but I was not impressed. You may be aware that the school would like to relocate and the preferred site is just north of the village hall. In the publication are such phrases as, “When the school is relocated” and “when the school is placed near the village hall”. It has been taken as a forgone conclusion that planning permission will be forth coming and this in a publication dealing with planning and its control. There is no mention that planning approval will first have to be obtained.

The parish clerk was keen on making the Plan available on the council website. But this now seems to have been blocked. The sale of the plan is seen as a means of making a little money for the parish. But what are the ethics of this?
The cost of production was mainly from a grant, the rest I believe coming from parish council funds. Those funds are and were the property of the parishioners therefore by paying for a copy you would be paying twice over.
Sad
geoff

PostPosted: 11/05/06, 06:44    Post subject: public domain - surely ? Reply with quote

This should be a public domain document surely - what aspect of the plan is copyright ?

I can understand the PC wishing to recoup some of its outlay on the printing, but reproduction of the content should be unrestricted shouldn't it ?

G.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Planning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: