uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pinetum madness

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy

PostPosted: 06/08/07, 19:28    Post subject: Pinetum madness Reply with quote

With regards to the proposed change of use of land at Woodhouse Fields , Uplyme . The local land owner wants to change ancient agricultural land to an " Informal car park " , whatever that means ! As a neighbour this idea fills me with dread , thoughts of mini bus loads of folk on garden club outings flooding the area , refreshment vans , noise , litter , basically an unspoint corner of Uplyme could be changed for ever .
The first of many steps I am sure to ruin our enviroment in which we live .
Representation should be made by 10 August 2007 , Planning ref : 07/1814/COU , please e mail or write before this date to help to protect our lane from unecessary development .email jgeorge@eastdevon.gov.uk or write to East Devon District Council ( planning ) , Knowle , Sidmouth , Devon , EX10 8HL . Thank you

<Admin: please also see followup comments to this thread re inspection of plan and application documents online>
Rhodie

PostPosted: 07/08/07, 06:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must be joking again Laughing

After “With regards to the ridiculous proposal to build a youth detention centre on the edge of the village” can you be taken seriously. Confused

Or is this a classic case of crying wolf. Question

Unfortunately this one is true. Crying or Very sad
Andy

PostPosted: 07/08/07, 11:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Rhodie , this one is true and does worry me as I and my familly live within yards of the proposed development . With children at local schools , I would have to walk or drive past the new car park several times each day.
Rhodie

PostPosted: 08/08/07, 06:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I find odd about this application is that if a dedicated parking area is required for this piece of land then the same could be said about every other feature in the countryside. You could argue that to access every footpath in the countryside there should be made available a parking area to access the footpaths, which is ridiculous. We would be destroying under hard-standing the very thing that we come to appreciate.

If you are serious about opposing this application and your previous spoof must bring some doubt in people’s minds then I think that your main tack is one of necessity.
geoff

PostPosted: 13/08/07, 08:34    Post subject: Plans are online Reply with quote

The full details of the application, including all drawings can be viewed online at the EDDC planning portal here:-

http://planning.eastdevon.gov.uk/PublicAccess/tdc/DcApplication/application_searchform.aspx

You will need to enter the application ref (07/1814/COU) in the box marked 'Application Reference'. The plans are under 'Associated Documents'

When you have viewed the details, the council invites you to make any comments you feel the planners would be interested in hearing relating to the case, especially from nearby residents and anybody directly affected by the proposal.

G.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Planning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: