uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Burrowshot - access to the woods

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Local Yokel

PostPosted: 24/03/09, 18:43    Post subject: Burrowshot - access to the woods Reply with quote

A new access has been gorged into the woods by the Burrowshot hamlet sign. Is this legal? Did a planning application go in about it? All very odd.......
geoff

PostPosted: 25/03/09, 12:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be very surprised if it is legal to form a new access onto a busy road without some form of permission from the Highways Department.

I wonder if the refused application 07/0624/AGR by Mr.Leyshon of Hawkchurch is connected with this ? Application was made 26/2/2007 for Erection of Wooden forestry building at Yawl Cross Wood, Lyme Rd, Raymonds Hill.

The Parish Council commented:
"Refuse. The PC has continuing concerns about the future status of this area of woodland which has been recently sold off in parcels mainly for leisure purposes. It is however supportive of genuine rural industries but this application for a relatively large building does not seem necessary for a small coppicing enterprise. The site is outside the village envelope and should remain free of development."

Of course, this may not be connected in any way with the current development at Burrowshot - does anyone know for certain where Yawl Cross Wood actually is ?
Local Yokel

PostPosted: 25/03/09, 13:40    Post subject: New Entrance to Woods at Burrowshot Reply with quote

Thanks for reply, the woods are called "Dana" woods or something and right on the Burrowshot entrance sign coming up from Yawl. It is a very fresh entrance and I am astonished we haven't seen a planning app in paper recently. I am sure Beryl will be on the case! Can someone tell her!!!
geoff

PostPosted: 26/03/09, 08:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder where Yawl Cross Wood is then ?

You can contact Charles White, the Clerk to the Parish Council at uplymepc@pasarengo.co.uk
geoff

PostPosted: 27/03/09, 12:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further to this, I have looked on the online 1:2500 OS map at EDDC and the first house on the left as you head North into Burrowshot appears to be called something like 'Dene' - could this be the origin of the new name for the wood ? There is no mention on the map of that area of woodland being named at all.

As you say, Yawl Cross is somewhat nearer to Uplyme, in fact it is just at the top of the rough track which goes down from Lyme Rd to St.Marys Lane.

G
Local Yokel

PostPosted: 12/05/09, 07:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Its all been reported and EDDC are investigating. Good. All carried out by people who don't even LIVE in Burrowshot of course. I would like to spend an hour or two with them Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Planning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: