uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Committee Meeting Minutes - 31/03/14

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme and LR Cricket Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Whispering Death



Joined: 01 Jul 2009

Posts: 60

PostPosted: 09/04/14, 03:51    Post subject: Committee Meeting Minutes - 31/03/14 Reply with quote

UPLYME & LYME REGIS CRICKET CLUB
MINUTES OF COMMITTEE MEETING HELD AT THE PAVILION AT 7.30PM ON 31 MARCH 2014

PRESENT: CM, JS, SB, DN, SH, BR, NP, DJ.
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE: DW, RH.
The minutes of the meeting of 10 February 2014 were agreed.
Matters arising: 1. RH had been reminded re guttering on pavilion. 2. Rope winder has now been erected and rope is stored on it. 3. DJ has been in contact with Pete Morton and the Talbot contract for 2014 should be signed on 1 April.
CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
SH asked DJ to write to Rob Larcombe and Adrian Wood thanking them for the work they had put in to produce the fixture card and the handbooks, and assuring them of the Club’s hospitality at any future matches. A similar letter to be sent to the sponsors. John Hunt will stock and run the bar for the season but would like to have two volunteers to score for the league teams. DJ to include in letter regarding youth. SH stated that he thought we would have a strong enough first team to win the league and stressed that the square should continue to be improved. This led on to a discussion about putting the square to bed at the end of the season and next year we should avoid fixtures after the second week in September. SH will be seeking sponsors for player of the month awards during the next week. SB informed that fixture cards, handbooks and new kit should arrive later this week. Some senior members may have to be patient for the opportunity of a game this season.
SECRETARY’S REPORT
DJ reported that he had received a request for DCB Affiliation Fee with Offer Booklet. After discussion it was decided that we had to pay £125 this year, about twice we had to pay last year. DJ reported that he sent out a letter and membership form to all members, but to date only 10 signed on. It is vital that we get as many members signed on as soon as possible as our finances are under stress at this time of the year. DJ has sent e-mail reminders regarding membership & nets and hopefully there will be a response in the next few weeks. He read out an e-mail from EC regarding cash flow, but there was little support for his proposals. The committee approved a letter regarding the new arrangements next year for the youth teams. John Hunt volunteered to umpire the U13 and we now have umpires and scorers for both youth teams. Ground hire for Charity match agreed for 6pm 18 June – yet to be confirmed. DJ has chased KG5 regarding pruning of trees round boundary but David Gear advises that they have to get the tree officer back to inspect when the trees are in leaf to obtain permission to remove branches. KG5 also advise that the grass box has been dismantled, the Village Hall wish to cut hedge which is growing into safety netting and the gutter problem on pavilion. We will address these matters at the Get the Ground Ready Day (April 13).

CAPTAIN’S REPORT
SB reported that one of the practice nets was collapsing and needed welding – JS will contact Roger Moore to see if he can assist. Alex Taylor is returning and SB is picking up the Aussies(2 more )on 5 April. He has entered us into the Corinthian Cup and we are away to Kentisbeare in the first round.
He requested that DJ write to KG5 regarding damage to ground between Pavilion and square and especially close to and even on the square. Agreed to ask KG5 to request users to use ground between tennis court and badminton court for the next period to allow the damaged area to recover. He reported that DW would be working till 2pm on Saturdays which would mean he would not be available to umpire – SH confirmed that he would be available.
GROUNDSMAN’S REPORT
JH reported that he attended the Mayor’s Civic Night and suggested that the new Mayor be invited to the President’s Day 0n 22 June – agreed. DJ agreed to open pavilion for Barnes Meadow meeting on 26 April 10.00am but now finds he is flying to Newcastle that morning – he will contact John again. John would prefer to concentrate on teas and the bar on match days and it was agreed that DJ would invite scorers to put their names forward in his letter regarding youth teams and we will consider a newspaper advert.
TREASURER’S REPORT
NP reported that the finances of the club were in difficulty. Balances at end of February were CA £1976 DA £398, but after payments out and despite receiving £705 sponsorship and £560 100 Club, the CA was now down to around £1193 and he had just received a bill from Axminster Garden Machinery of £1090 for servicing (over twice as much as last year) and the insurance of £1000 plus is due in mid- April. It was agreed that SH & JH would query the bill from AGM, and that it was essential to get memberships paid up as soon as possible. He pointed out that no grants had been received this year and DJ is to speak to EC for guidance on what might be available.
YOUTH REPORT
DJ reported that EC was signing on members of U13 and U15.
ANY OTHER BUSINESS
CM – teas agreed at £50. Teas will need picking up on 3rd May from 9 Whalley Lane (Seconds at home). CM not available for 9 August. She does not have a date for surgery yet.
JH – will attend League meeting for collection of balls and handbooks at Exeter Court Hotel at 7pm on 23 April.
SH – Get Ground Ready Day from 10.00am on Sunday 13 April – all welcome.
NEXT MEETING
MONDAY 28 APRIL AT 7.30PM IN THE PAVILION.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme and LR Cricket Club All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group