uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Committee Meeting Minutes - 02/06/14

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme and LR Cricket Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Whispering Death



Joined: 01 Jul 2009

Posts: 60

PostPosted: 04/06/14, 08:00    Post subject: Committee Meeting Minutes - 02/06/14 Reply with quote

UPLYME AND LYME REGIS CRICKET CLUB – MINUTES OF COMMITTEE MEETING – 2 JUNE 2014
PRESENT: SH, NP, JH, CM, DW, SB, DJ AND INVITED GUEST ADRIAN DAVIES
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE: DN, BR, JS.
Adrian gave the benefit of his experience in fund-raising and previous clubs to the committee before the regular agenda was tackled. He felt that the club could do more in the way of fund-raising and that whilst the system of sponsorship brought in a limited amount at the beginning of the season, we should be looking to put on money raising events with bar and food (like the Lifeboat Match) at least once a month during the season. This suggestion was well received and the committee agreed that, if possible, this would also be implemented for the Stansted CC T20 game on 26 June, the re-arranged fixture v Football Club (one of 1st 2 Sundays in August) and also after this weekend’s games v Seaton (Home & Away), as well as the Lifeboat match on 25 July.
He also advocated extending and adding value to the non-playing membership by seeking more of these members at £10 per annum and issuing them with membership cards, so they felt part of the club. For many years the club had relied on donations from Vice- Presidents but in many cases no donation was now received. Adrian felt that we should have a fixed (minimum) annual fee for Vice- Presidents in the future, in line with other clubs he was connected with. Other suggestions were for an annual festival day and possibly a single wicket competition. Live music was also a possibility at events.
The committee thanked Adrian warmly for his ideas and will be taking them very seriously now and in the future.
THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF 28 APRIL WERE APPROVED – NO MATTERS ARISING.
CHAIRMAN’S REPORT. SH bemoaned the very poor weather this season but stressed that John Hunt was doing a very good job and had done everything possible to get matches on.
SECRETARY’S REPORT. DJ reported that Devon Cricket Board had registered the Club with Club Mark but as our juniors play in Dorset the Club Mark file and support will come from Greg Parsons at Dorset CB. DJ will contact. Major sponsors have been written to re Presidents Day and this week he will write to Vice-Presidents and Match Ball sponsors as well as the mayor and parish council chairman. 2nd X1 fixture at All Saints on fete day confirmed. Agreed Rodney Holmes to pay £50 in cash to groundsman on the day from subs he is holding. John Hunt will provide DJ with new storeroom key. DJ will attend KG5 Trustees meeting on Wednesday. He has given NP list of members signed on by him and Neil will produce a combined list which will be displayed on the notice-board. Jerry Sims is chasing up the welding of the nets.
1ST X1 CAPTAIN’S REPORT. SB reported that he felt that the disappointing result at Filleigh on Saturday was due in no small part to us encountering a hard pitch for the first time this season and he regretted that the first team had still not played a home fixture. He has been discussing with Adrian Davies the possibility of a club tour to Portugal for the 2016 season and has found good interest in the tour which would be on an all-inclusive basis (including golf) and as a party could be done very cheaply. He will continue his research and we will discuss further at next committee meeting. He reported that he was asked to try to find a team for last Sundays match at Crewkerne on Thursday evening and was unable to do so. The next Sunday match is not until 20 July and he feels that we should ask the junior members to arrange teams for the rest of the season as all 5 games are at home. He stressed that he was asked to make a decision on teas too early last week and it was agreed that if the home game was in doubt teas would be delayed and JH & DJ would help if required.
GROUNDSMAN’S REPORT. JH reported he would prepare No.8 wicket for Saturday and do a complete tidy round the pavilion tomorrow (Tuesday). He handed bar accounts to NP which showed deficits on occasions and it was agreed that unless a committee member was present to run bar at Talbot games etc. the lounge door should be locked.
TREASURER’S REPORT. NP reported Current Account £819.89p Deposit Account £398.34p and received various monies at the meeting. He reminded us, that we still owe £700 to Axminster Garden Machinery and will soon have to start paying out 100 Club prizes. It is vital that outstanding monies are collected in.
YOUTH REPORT AND PROPOSED SUB-COMMITTEE – to be discussed at next Committee Meeting.
ANY OTHER BUSINESS
Request that Visitors Board be used to indicate to visitors to game which side is batting – JH will do
Discussion held with CM re content of teas and a greater variety week to week was agreed and minor alterations to existing.
DW gave proposed Dinner Date of Saturday 13th September and will try to book Golf Club. He is also preparing Grant bid to Council for wicket covers, Super Sopper, nets and screen sheets.

NEXT MEETING TO BE HELD IN PAVILION AT 7.30PM ON MONDAY 30 JUNE.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme and LR Cricket Club All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group