uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Have the Tories chosen the right Man?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Beyond the Boundary
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Have the Tories chosen the right Man?
Yes
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
No
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

Rhodie

PostPosted: 06/12/05, 16:50    Post subject: Have the Tories chosen the right Man? Reply with quote

The answer to this question depends on whether or not you are a Tory.

In the speech David Cameron made after being elected he listed the changes that he will make. Top of his list for change was that because 9 out of 10 Tory MPs were like him “white men” there needs to be change. He said, “We need to change the scandalous under representation of woman in the Conservative Party”. Embarassed

Well I suppose that can go down as half a change.

Last edited by Rhodie on 08/12/05, 06:23; edited 1 time in total
geoff

PostPosted: 07/12/05, 10:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never been a member of a political party, but long ago I used to vote Tory. I became so dissillusioned with the whole system of over-spun party politics that I have been one of the 'non-voters' for several elections, hoping that by joining the ever-growing no-vote protest, I might help to send a message that political reform is very much overdue. Consequently, it would take a lot more than just another flavour of spin to re-engage my enthusiasm for Westminster.

Returning rapidly to the topic Smile , of the candidates available, Cameron was probably the Tory's best chance of recapturing some of the lost ground. He seems personable (who wouldn't after Howard 'of the night' ?) and younger than the other candidates. Reminds me somewhat of Blair when he was first discovered and 'New Labour' was born - but will Cameron have the flair and respect of the rank and file membership to finally whip up a convincing opposition and then in a few years win an election ?

Well who knows ? I expect they will give it at least a few months before they start thinking about their favourite pastime again - organising another leadership campaign.

G.
scott

PostPosted: 26/02/06, 10:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he is the best they could do, allowing for their rabid dislike for Ken Clarke, who would be by far the most effective Tory leader and best chance for winning power. Exclamation

As long as Cameron doesn't waken the 'Euro' bogie men he might have a chance to actually get somewhere and beyond their power. Confused

Like Geoff I haven't voted for a while; I kept losing. I am not sure I want to see the Tories in power, I am sure I want to see 'Labour' out! Razz

Remember Guy Fawkes; the only person to enter parliament with honest intentions. Or so they say........ Cool
Rhodie

PostPosted: 19/04/06, 08:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Chameleon Mr. Green is today flying to Norway to inspect for himself how the polar icecap is melting due to global warming, something you and I can inform ourselves of by a little googling

I wonder how many years David’s wind turbine in his garden will have to run to compensate for the CO2 emissions his flight will produce.

But can we expect more from a party leader who sees no reason to restrict the growth of flying. Come on David it’s time for a little joined up thinking or is he really like a chameleon and able to change his colour without any thought at all? Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Beyond the Boundary All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: