uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall’s River Lym Cottage

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhodie

PostPosted: 02/01/06, 12:28    Post subject: Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall’s River Lym Cottage Reply with quote

Does the intended move of the River Cottage HQ to an undisclosed locality in Uplyme threaten to cause planning blight to the parish or otherwise Question

There seems to be great speculation regarding where Mr Fearnley-Whittingstall intends setting up his establishment. Suggested locations that I have heard so far and in the order of most mentioned include Carswell Farm, Lower Rhode Farm, Shapwick Grange, Rhode Hill Farm and Cannington Farm

Have you any other suggestions where it should go or is that a rude question Question

Beryl Denham, chairman of the parish council seems to think that the site will be within the parish (LRNews 23 Dec 2005). My investigations suggest that it will not be so, in fact the chosen farm is outside the parish but only just Wink
geoff

PostPosted: 04/01/06, 10:26    Post subject: Trinity Hill ? Reply with quote

I understand that the film company that Hugh works with (KIA) was at one point interested in a smallholding at Trinity Hill as a potential loction for the River Cottage HQ - perhaps that is the property ? Not really within the Parish however.

Personally, I think we should welcome Hugh as we would any other new neighbour.

Geoff.
Fiona

PostPosted: 04/01/06, 12:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel Uplyme's wildlife is bound to suffer, is there a threat that Upyme will soon become a wildlife free zone?
Rhodie

PostPosted: 05/01/06, 11:07    Post subject: Re: Trinity Hill ? Reply with quote

geoff wrote:
I understand that the film company that Hugh works with (KIA) was at one point interested in a smallholding at Trinity Hill as a potential loction for the River Cottage HQ - perhaps that is the property ? Not really within the Parish however.

The very place that I have been told of. Apparently the owner, a conservationist, on being approached by HF-W refused to sell for HF-W is well known for his interest in hunting, shooting and fishing. With the announcement can we assume that the owner has been softened up
Question
geoff also wrote:
Personally, I think we should welcome Hugh as we would any other new neighbour..

Whilst we should admire Geoff’s hospitality “any other new neighbour” is going a bit far. How would Geoff or any of us feel about having Nicholas van Hoogstraten as even a distant neighbour Mad
gutter

PostPosted: 23/01/06, 14:29    Post subject: Hugh Whitley Ferningstool Reply with quote

I heard he was going on a farm somewhere near the anholts? Any further news on this?
geoff

PostPosted: 24/01/06, 08:51    Post subject: HFW Reply with quote

I now have it on pretty good authority that the new location for River Cottage HQ is Park Farm, which is on the Axminster/Musbury side of Trinity Hill - not technically within the parish boundary.

As I understand it, this will not involve Hugh F-W moving house as he already has a place somewhere in the Hawkchurch area.

G.
gutter

PostPosted: 25/01/06, 14:13    Post subject: Huw's pad Reply with quote

I went past park farm yesterday and it would appear to be over the boundary in musbury parish. Lots of sheep in the fields and nice new gate. Does anyone know who owns it?
Rhodie

PostPosted: 25/02/06, 17:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

The very man, Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall himself. If not now then very soon. Well done.
Rhodie

PostPosted: 25/02/06, 17:05    Post subject: Re: Hugh Whitley Ferningstool Reply with quote

gutter wrote:
I heard he was going on a farm somewhere near the anholts?

That was how the Anholts saw it. Probably a little artistic license connected with their now failed planning application.
Roger Lillington

PostPosted: 16/04/06, 22:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear that there is a big planning meeting on this subject, are you all getting your enviorment friends on his case.
The noise of cars or may be the extra fumes they create or somthing else Question Question Question
Rhodie

PostPosted: 06/05/06, 20:57    Post subject: Uplyme Forum first with the news Reply with quote

An article in the Lyme Regis News yesterday gave the location of Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall’s new centre as Park Farm, Musbury. Remember when and where you first heard this?

Four months ago in this very thread.

Be first with the news, read Uplyme Forum
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Planning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: