uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Banger Racing and the Lack of Planning Control
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
martin

PostPosted: 22/03/06, 18:45    Post subject: Thank you Uplyme .com Reply with quote

I' m not about to enter the pros and cons as to the merits or otherwise of a bunch of people racing round a field (it was pretty loud in Yawl Hill Lane)What is more important was the need to know what time we can expect their next onslaught on the 23rd April.As I had a particular need that day for silence and have been assured by South Somerset Auto Grass club that all will be silent until 9.30am.Lets hope for a Westerly wind and maybe it wont be so objectional.
So thanks Uplyme .com for the contacts.

Garden Swing seat maker
Garden open 13th-15th June 2008 and 24th-25th July 2008
Rhodie

PostPosted: 22/03/06, 23:33    Post subject: Re: Thank you Uplyme .com Reply with quote

martin wrote:
Lets hope for a Westerly wind and maybe it wont be so objectional.

Not for you perhaps but someone will be downwind Sad
Rhodie

PostPosted: 23/03/06, 07:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

The question has arisen that as the field remains set up for future racing, and is not being used for agricultural purposes, each of the days that the field is out of agricultural use must be counted as part of the 28 days total allowed by the ‘planning laws’.

Any smug self-satisfaction that we may have can be forgotten for as I said in my post of 20th this field will only be used for the next two fixtures.

The farmer to my knowledge has at least three fields adjacent to each other, each of which could in theory be used one after the other for just 28 days. Don’t forget this club has been putting these events on for years and must have come across these problems before and obviously know the legal loopholes.
geoff

PostPosted: 24/03/06, 08:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhodie wrote:
... this field will only be used for the next two fixtures.

But it sounds like they are planning to have 5 meetings here this year
Janice Perren wrote:
...We have applied to NASA to hold 5 meetings spread over March, April and again in August.
or did you just mean two in that particular field ?

Does this 28-day planning loophole mean that a farmer can permit someone to come onto his land and make as much noise as they like and no one can do anything at all about it ? I know that Glastonbury Festival have to apply before each event to Mendip District Council for a Public Entertainments Licence and make a good case that they won't annoy people. I would be the last one to call for all small events to licenced, but I think the continuance of such events should depend on not offending the neighbours.

G.
Rhodie

PostPosted: 25/03/06, 10:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

geoff wrote:
Rhodie wrote:
... this field will only be used for the next two fixtures.

But it sounds like they are planning to have 5 meetings here this year
Janice Perren wrote:
...We have applied to NASA to hold 5 meetings spread over March, April and again in August.
or did you just mean two in that particular field ?

Exactly what I said, "this field will only be used for the next two fixtures"

He also wrote:

Does this 28-day planning loophole mean that a farmer can permit someone to come onto his land and make as much noise as they like and no one can do anything at all about it ?
G.

No it does not, whatever rights one has of using and occupying land you are not allowed to make 'excessive' noise.
janiceperren

PostPosted: 29/03/06, 16:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

In answer to a recent email received, can you please be specific about your questions, then the Committee (South Somerset Autograss Club) will consider the answers.

Do not expect a quick reply as we do not have a Committee meeting until the end of the month when we will endeavour to answer your questions.

As regards the noise debate on the site, the scrutineers have discussed this and will endeavour to keep the noise to a lower level than set by our governing body NASA, this level is already set lower than the recommended level for other motorsports in the United Kingdom.

Janice Perren
South Somerset Autograss Club Secretary
geoff

PostPosted: 30/03/06, 07:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

janiceperren wrote:
can you please be specific about your questions,

I asked two specific questions on 22/3/06...

Quote:
If autograss is as well-regulated and responsible as its members claim, why aren't the cars fitted with muffled exhaust systems when they are going to be raced within earshot of uninvolved people? Road cars have to be quiet by law so they don't cause offence to other road users and others.

Why choose a site that is near to a peaceful village ? Why did you have to move from Miles Thimbleby's fields along the Crewkerne road where you raced previously? As a Somerset club surely you can find somewhere in Somerset to race?

Rhodie

PostPosted: 06/04/06, 23:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDDC Environmental Health say that the next meeting has been cancelled and that they are serving a notice to stop all future ones.

Although the SOUTH SOMERSET AUTOGRASS CLUB website www.southsomersetautograssclub.co.uk says:

Quote:
Due to the extremely wet conditions underfoot in the race field a decision has been taken by the South Somerset Committee to cancel the next race meeting on 9 April. Apolgies for any inconvenience cause. An update will be given as soon as possible

Strange but I had the impression that the ground had dried out considerably since the first meeting and that the field had been chosen for its ability to drain well Rolling Eyes

Congratulations to all those who helped to stop this noisy intrusion and many thanks from everyone else who will benefit from your prompt action.

Now the next one is the driving range.
geoff

PostPosted: 07/04/06, 14:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I can't say I am anything but relieved Smile
Was there a specific reason given by the Environmental Health dept ?

G.
Rhodie

PostPosted: 08/04/06, 06:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, but I assume it is based on the officer’s comments that he made on visiting several houses on the day, which went something like this, “the noise was intermittently intolerable”. Quite enough.
janiceperren

PostPosted: 08/04/06, 17:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

The meeting has been cancelled due to the weather following the last meeting and it was cancelled at the end of March if you read our website!! PLEASE NOTE IT WAS NOT IN ANYWAY CANCELLED BY THE ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH!
Rhodie

PostPosted: 08/04/06, 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

janiceperren wrote:
The meeting has been cancelled due to the weather following the last meeting and it was cancelled at the end of March if you read our website!!

It seems that you were a little too hasty there Janice. The track has dried out considerably since then. Take a look at a couple of pictures taken yesterday at:

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~rhg/forum/whittydustbowl1.jpg
http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~rhg/forum/whittydustbowl2.jpg

By the way if you want to check rainfall in the area there is a Met Office recording station at Rhode Hill, a few hundred metres away, with rainfall details on a website @:

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~rhg/2006/mar2006.html

It is updated at the beginning of each month, or if you want more recent data send me a ‘PM’ mentioning exactly what you want.

Last edited by Rhodie on 04/08/07, 06:50; edited 1 time in total
geoff

PostPosted: 08/04/06, 22:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
http://www.pcpages.com/uplyme/forum/whittydustbowl1

What a mess Confused

G.
Roger Lillington

PostPosted: 09/04/06, 16:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, just like to ask a friendly question how many of you on this forum were actually born and bread in the Uplyme area? I would appreciate a nice civil reply please. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Smile Smile Smile
GGG

PostPosted: 09/04/06, 17:14    Post subject: No subject posted Reply with quote

Not me, but does that matter? Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Planning All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: