uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Well below average rainfall for April now certain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Wildlife and the Environment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhodie

PostPosted: 24/04/06, 23:08    Post subject: Well below average rainfall for April now certain Reply with quote

With just seven days of the month left and with only 16.4 mm of rain having fallen during April the month should prove to be the driest April for many years. The average rainfall for April at Rhode Hill Gardens over the last six years is 94.6 mm.

The driest April in the last 14 years was 2003 when we had 49.9 mm. 2003 was also the driest year in the last 14. To equal that amount it will have to rain at least 4.8 mm each day and the wettest three days so far this month have only been 4.1, 2.9 and 2.9 mm.

We have already had an exceptionally dry January with only 24% of the previous six year average rainfall for January.

Now I can see why some water companies have imposed hosepipe bans. Will South West Water follow?

Last edited by Rhodie on 02/05/06, 09:01; edited 1 time in total
GGG

PostPosted: 30/04/06, 12:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

So where is all the water coming from in Springhead Road to the north of the Old Coach Road? Confused
Rhodie

PostPosted: 30/04/06, 19:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen it myself but it sounds like an own goal by SWWater - a mains leak Surprised
Rhodie

PostPosted: 02/05/06, 09:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even with 7.6 mm of rain falling within the last 12 hours of April, boosting the monthís rainfall by almost 50%, the month could only muster 24.2 mm.. Thatís less than 50% of the rainfall for the previous driest April over the last 12 years and represents 25.6% of the average rainfall for April over the last 6 years.

Yesterday I went to Colyford Common where there is a large shallow pool that usually holds water throughout the summer. There is already just the smallest of puddles remaining.

Is that hosepipe ban now closer.

Full details:

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~rhg/2006/april2006.html

Last edited by Rhodie on 14/11/07, 07:35; edited 1 time in total
ALEXFIDO

PostPosted: 02/05/06, 14:32    Post subject: hosepipes Reply with quote

shhhh,whisper when we talk about hosepipes or someone might hear us and ban them.happy days
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Wildlife and the Environment All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: