uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EDDC Planning Website

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhodie

PostPosted: 14/09/06, 07:56    Post subject: EDDC Planning Website Reply with quote

I need the advice of an IT expert, come in Geoff.

Details of East Devon planning applications are now available on:

http://planning.eastdevon.gov.uk/publicaccess/tdc/DcApplication/application_searchform.aspx

I then put in Uplyme and restrict the search to a limited period in order not to be overwhelmed with applications and then click on ‘Click to View’ on one of the applications then click on the tab ‘Associated Documents’. On the next page which is a note on copyright, on further clicking on ‘View Associated Documents’ I am told ‘The page cannot be found’.

I have contacted EDDC and was told that the reason is that they use Port 8080 on my computer. Clear as mud. Help Confused
geoff

PostPosted: 15/09/06, 16:24    Post subject: Ports Reply with quote

Hi Rhodie,

Not quite sure what is happening here just from your description. I tried the site myself and it seems to work fine.

'Ports' are communication channels through which information flows to and from your PC over a common protocol called TCP. Most ports have well-known uses, for example port 8080 is an alternative to port 80 the usual port which carries http (ie web pages).

Without more info, all I can suggest is that you check your firewall isn't filtering out all port 8080 traffic ?

G.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Planning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: