uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hedge Removal in Burrowshot..... shot to pieces

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Local Yokel

PostPosted: 24/03/09, 18:48    Post subject: Hedge Removal in Burrowshot..... shot to pieces Reply with quote

Has anyone seen the hedge that is being destoyed in Burrowshot on the left hand side of road as you go around the last bend up to Hunters Lodge?
Aren't hedgerows protected? This one started off normal, then got cut within an inch of its life and is now being dug out!!! Can someone tell the Council and ask if it is legal to go around rooting out hedgerow???? I don't know if it is legal or not but it looks awful....this is an Area of Outstanding Beauty. Burrowshot is being shot to pieces from the antics of the locals there for sure! Time the Parish Council had a tour and saw the state of it. Crying or Very sad
geoff

PostPosted: 26/03/09, 08:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no hedging expert, but I drove by there yesterday and I got the impression that the hedge might have been 'coppiced' to promote new growth from ground level ?

It didn't look to me as though they are trying to remove the hedge, but I only got a few seconds look.
Local Yokel

PostPosted: 26/03/09, 08:56    Post subject: Hedge removal at Burrowshot (is it legal?) Reply with quote

Ahhh, yes, a very short haircut was given to the poor hedge several weeks ago which is quite within the hedge management regs, BUT very very recently in the last few days a large chunk has disappeared next to the original access and has been cut down through the bank to the mud at ground level! and now looks ploughed. This is I would suspect most certainly contrary to EDDC regs on a) hedges (as it is old i.e. over 30 years old and thus considered of "importance" and runs alongside agricultural land so PP is needed and b) access widening PP is most certainly needed. Whether it is legal or not it looks awful. Again, it is right on the road so someone will spot it for sure. It's gone bonkers in Burrowshot
Driver

PostPosted: 27/03/09, 08:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a few weeks now the trees on the left by the new gate have had blue rings painted on them so does that mean cut or save?
Local Yokel

PostPosted: 27/03/09, 13:54    Post subject: Blue rings on trees in woods by Burrowshot sign Reply with quote

I suspect those colours mark the ownership of the parcle of wood for ease of identification. When the wood was parcelled up for sale various colours on trees started appearing. I suspect it was to show the identify of the place where the new "entrace" has just been formed.... What is going on!!!!!
Rhodie

PostPosted: 31/03/09, 08:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Can someone tell the Council

Local Yokel you seem to know a bit about the law, and if your concerns are genuine why don't you take them yourself to the parish council?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Planning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: