uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Zeitgeist Moving Forward (free to view)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Beyond the Boundary
View previous topic :: View next topic  
voluntaryist.uk

PostPosted: 03/02/11, 10:08    Post subject: Zeitgeist Moving Forward (free to view) Reply with quote

This is the last in the Zeitgeist trilogy. This gives us a pathway forward, a means to end,that is within all of our grasp's. Please watch & then seriously consider joining your local zeitgeist movement. we need to change the world, WE NEED to, the powers that be, will not, ever, relinquish their control of us all. It is not in their interest to do so. WE need to do this NOW, for ourselves & for our children & for our world. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z9WVZddH9w

About the Movement: http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com ~ About the Movie: http://www.zeitgeistmovingforward.com

Online viewing figures so far:
02/02/11 = 1.8million
04/02/11-(0800 am) = 1.99million
04/02/11 (1800 pm) = 2.07million
07/02/11 (0800 pm) = 2.257million
07/02/11 (1640 pm) = 2.290million
10/02/11 (1640 pm) = 2.513million
14/02/11 (1512 pm) = 2.796million

we have over 20,000 members in the uk & over 1.9 million in the wider world.

Last edited by voluntaryist.uk on 14/02/11, 15:18; edited 3 times in total
scoutmaster.bpscouts

PostPosted: 03/02/11, 10:19    Post subject: re; film Reply with quote

I am intrigued, I'll give it a whirl,... let you know what I think later on
voluntaryist.uk

PostPosted: 03/02/11, 10:28    Post subject: thanks scoutmaster, Reply with quote

sit back with a large coffee, it is a long film but completely engrossing & will shake you to your core!
geoff

PostPosted: 03/02/11, 11:03    Post subject: Where is the Proof ? Reply with quote

As Marcello Truzzi said: "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof."

G.
ima.lumberjack.imok

PostPosted: 04/02/11, 10:23    Post subject: I watched this in London Reply with quote

Hi, new to the forum,

I just watched this a few days ago in london (visiting friends) I was blown away, i must admit I will have to look more closely at some of the things they are talking about like the whole fiat money and money as debt thing, but the rest is slowly making sense.

I'm a bit wary of this kind of thing normally, but this film was right about so many things i felt about like politics & big business & health etc.

i would urge you to watch it, please bring your open mind, & do not simply dismiss out of hand without watching the whole thing.

regards to all,

ima.lumberjack.imok
voluntaryist.uk

PostPosted: 04/02/11, 10:30    Post subject: Re: I watched this in London Reply with quote

ima.lumberjack.imok wrote:
Hi, new to the forum, I just watched this a few days ago in london (visiting friends) I was blown away,

Hi ima.lumberjack.imok, thanks for the post, & glad to see someone else here has watched the film, i too was blown away, i myself am perhaps a bit further down the rabbit hole than yourself, but fear not, there is a wider community that you can join to learn more see here:
http://www.thezeitgeistmovementuk.com/ Online viewing figures above

we have over 20,000 members in the uk & over 1.9 million in the wider world.

welcome to the beginning of a new paradigm, please spread the word.

PEACE,
"No service should be provided out the barrel of a gun. This is not freedom, it is tyranny"

Last edited by voluntaryist.uk on 10/02/11, 15:27; edited 5 times in total
ima.lumberjack.imok

PostPosted: 04/02/11, 10:46    Post subject: Thanks voluntaryist.uk Reply with quote

Thank you for the links I'll look into it,

by the way, is this something that we could "show" at say the village hall or something? I could get a laptop and a projector screen, if you could get the DVD of it.

How do we hire the village hall? does it cost us anything if we come from the village? would we be allowed to show it? are there any copyright things about it etc.

I'm sure i could round up a few friends & perhaps lay on some free coffee and biscuits etc.

what do think?

ima.lumberjack.imok
Rev

PostPosted: 04/02/11, 13:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first Zeitgeist movie was criticised by scientists and scholars for convincing people to swallow half-truths and lies mixed in with valid truth claims.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeitgeist:_The_Movie

I will be interested to see if the same becomes true for this third part.

I am wary of taking parental advice from this movie!
voluntaryist.uk

PostPosted: 04/02/11, 13:30    Post subject: re; public showing Reply with quote

Hi ima.lumberjack.imok,
I am currently downloading an authorized copy, which i'll burn onto a dvd later. the film can be shown for free, or only for a fee which covers costs, venue hire, etc.

the film can also be given away too, despite it costing quite a lot of money to make. It is free, free, free, all the way.

I am sure the village hall is hire-able for something like 7-8 / hour (we'd need if for at least an evening, say 2-4 hrs)

we'd have to see how much interest there really is & whether or not to charge say, a 1.00 on the door to cover costs, with any profit donated to charity or the zeitgeist movement.

still keen? & for that matter is anyone else keen?
voluntaryist.uk

PostPosted: 04/02/11, 13:39    Post subject: Hi rev, Reply with quote

Rev wrote:
The first Zeitgeist movie was criticised by scientists and scholars for convincing people to swallow half-truths and lies mixed in etc

hi rev,
have you seen the 3rd movie? please do, don't be suckered by the mainstream into believing that we are all truthers & conspiracy nuts, sure I do not like government & believe a voluntaryist society would be much better that what we have now, but I am not a nut-job. the 3rd movie is more about where we are now, right now & where we are going, the current paradigm cannot take us forward as a society.

please see the film & judge for yourself.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TZMOfficialChannel

PEACE,
"No service should be provided out the barrel of a gun. This is not freedom, it is tyranny"
scoutmaster.bpscouts

PostPosted: 04/02/11, 18:12    Post subject: re: zeitgeist moving forward film Reply with quote

I did watch some of it online, but as not able to watch more online, (time / work) constraints. I would be interested in a public showing at the village hall, how is that plan going?
voluntaryist.uk

PostPosted: 04/02/11, 18:26    Post subject: Re: re: zeitgeist moving forward film Reply with quote

scoutmaster.bpscouts wrote:
I would be interested in a public showing at the village hall, how is that plan going?

thanks for that, we are looking at it, costs are not a problem, numbers might be, so far the "poll" has not brought in the numbers, but early days yet.

I have the DVD, "ima.lumberjack.imok" has the gear (laptop & projection screen) & all we need are how many & when would be best, could you ask around see if you can get up any interest in this, cheers.

peace,

"no service should be provided out the barrel of a gun, that is not freedom, it is tyranny"
Rev

PostPosted: 04/02/11, 22:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I watched a good chunk of the movie this afternoon. I wasn't that impressed and was expecting something more... To be honest, I found it a bit boring... But then, I do have more immediate things on my mind. I might try and catch more of it another time to give it a fair hearing...
geoff

PostPosted: 05/02/11, 11:40    Post subject: Re: re; public showing Reply with quote

voluntaryist.uk wrote:
Hi ima.lumberjack.imok,
I am currently downloading an authorized copy, which i'll burn onto a dvd later. the film can be shown for free, or only for a fee which covers costs, venue hire, etc.

I can lend you some PA gear to make the sound bigger.

G.
voluntaryist.uk

PostPosted: 07/02/11, 06:57    Post subject: re: PA gear Reply with quote

Hi G,
thanks for that, that would be a great help, i am just looking at building up the numbers now so we have enough for the show, I'll get back in due course.

regards,

voluntaryist.uk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Beyond the Boundary All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: