Joined: 01 Jul 2009
|Posted: 04/03/13, 19:46 Post subject: Committee Meeting Minutes - 25/02/13
|King George V Playing Fields, Uplyme, DT7 3UU
01297 442985 / www.uplyme.com/cricket
Minutes of Committee Meeting Monday 25th February 2013
Present SH SB EC NP WB MB JH Apologies DJ BJ DW
Minutes 21st Jan Accepted. Matters arising: Thanks to SB the clubhouse is now painted inside and out. New furniture purchased. New sink unit required if any member can get hold of a second hand one please let the committee know. Roof tiles, window and fire door will be repaired / replaced. Ceiling will be repaired next week. Carpet will be laid on 25th March. The shed behind the clubhouse has been cleared out and the plastic chairs will be kept in there but it needs to be raised above flood debris. MB has painted score box. A new sign has been ordered for the front of the clubhouse. SB has taken out a Macro account and will be responsible for stocking the bar. The bar will be locked at all times when Uplyme teams are fielding. EDF energy bill has arrived still in RJs name. EC to contact him to get it changed to allow NP to deal with it.
Chairmanís report: Handbook will be ready by end of March more sponsor money to come in. SH will write to the league to explain absence from league meting and appeal against £20 fine.
Ground: Square has been top-dressed. AGM will be delivering rotary mower to cut grass around the clubhouse and will be servicing the sit on mower and the cylinder mowers. JH will purchase new battery for the roller.
Secretaryís Report: £5,000 +Vat has been raised to meet the cost of the new artificial wicket. EC will write to thank the sponsors. The surface will be used for club practice and for all Talbot matches as well as U11 and U13 practice and match play. Players must not wear spikes on the surface. To date 15 players have paid their fees and renewed their membership for the 2013 season. In light of all of the above expenditure plus £687 to be paid out for match balls and league affiliation it is vital that all subs are collected as soon as possible. All committee members please chase up players and get their membership fees to NP by the next meeting. Membership is £30, discounted to £20 if paid before 30th April.
Treasurerís Report: Current Account £964 before the above monies are deducted.
Reserve account £2,397. It was agreed to transfer £2,000 to the current account and for all committee members to help collect subs in. Donations were gratefully received from vice presidents, D Jones, [trophies engraved and honours board updated] M Hankey, B Denham and R Maltby. EC will write to thank.
Captains Report: It was agreed to hold pre season nets at The Woodroffe School on Mon.15th and Mon. 22nd April from 5.30 to 7pm and to have interclub 20/20 matches on Wed 24 April and Wed 1st May in preparation for the first league game v Seaton on 4th May. Captains of both teams will introduce team pre match preparations. Players will be expected to be ready to warm up together on arrival at grounds. It is important that all young players are given regular support and advice and more experienced players continue to lead by example in training and match play. A club selection committee SB DW, WB and EC will pick the teams each week.
Date of next meeting: 25th March 7pm in Talbot.